The HSK 5 assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of the Level V of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEF).
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level V) can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
It’s required to master 2500 commonly used words for HSK 5. Not only the essential daily matters, but you can also enjoy a profound life in China with this required vocabulary as an advanced level Chinese learner.
- 所 (suǒ)
- Pivotal Sentence: 令 (lìng)
- Pivotal Sentence: 派 (pài)
- Comparison Sentence: A 不如/没有 B（这么/ 那么）+ Adj.
- 于 (yú)
- 朝 (cháo)
- 朝 (cháo) vs 向 (xiàng) vs 往 (wǎng)
- 突然 (tūrán) and 忽然 (hūrán)
- 及 (yǐ jí) and 和 (hé)
- 便 (biàn) and 就 (jiù)
- 一直 (yìzhí) and 始终 (shǐzhōng)
- 多亏 (duō kuī) and 幸亏 (xìng kuī)
- 连忙 (liánmáng) & 急忙 (jí máng) & 匆忙 (cōngmáng)
- Sentence Structure 不但不/不但没有…，反而… (búdàn bù / búdàn méi yǒu…fǎn’ér…)
- Sentence Structure 宁可…，也不/也要… (nìngkě…, yě bù / yě yào…)
- Sentence Structure 与其…，不如… (yǔ qí…, bù rú…)
- Sentence Structure 万一……，（就）…… (wànyī…, jiù…)
- Sentence Structure 幸亏……，不然…… (xìngkuī…, bùrán…)
- Sentence Structure 除非……，不然…… (chúfēi…, bùrán…)
- Sentence Structure 哪怕……，也/还…… (nǎpà…, yě/hái…)
- Sentence Structure 为……所…… (wéi … suǒ…)
In the test paper, there are three sections in total, Listening comprehension, Reading comprehension, and Wring.
|Section||Number of Items|
(45 items / 30 mins)
|Part I: The recording of each item will be played only once. Each item consists of a dialogue between two persons, with a third person then asking a question about the dialogue. There will be four possible answers provided on the test paper. Test takers must choose the best answer based on what they hear.|
|Part II: The recording of each item will be played only once. This section consists of a 4-5 sentence dialogue or monologue followed by one or more questions. Four possible answers will be provided on the test paper. The test take must choose the best answer out of the four.|
|Filling out the answer sheet (Mark your answers for listening comprehension on Answer Sheet) (5 mins)|
(45 items / 45 mins)
|Part I: This section consists of various passages, each with several blanks, which should be filled with a word or sentence. The test taker needs to choose the best answer out of four possible answers.|
|Part II: Each item consists of a passage and four possible answers. The test taker needs to choose which of the four answers is most consistent with the passage.|
|Part III: This section consists of several passages followed by some questions. The test taker should choose the best answer out of the 4 answers provided.|
(10 items / 40 mins)
|Part I: Each item consists of several words from which the test taker should construct a sentence.|
|Part II: The first item consists of several words and requires the test taker to write an article about 80 characters long using the words provided. The second item consists of a picture and requires the test taker to write an article about 80 characters long based on the picture.|
Total (120 Mins)
* The test will last for 125 minutes in total (including 5 minutes in which the test takers fill in personal information).
For the HSK (Level V), four results will be provided including listening, reading, writing and the total. The test taker must score over 60% to be considered passing.
As a Chinese language certificate for foreign students’ entry into Chinese colleges, the results of the HSK are valid for two years (beginning from the test date).